2012 AHL Playoffs Thread Round 1

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
amerks23

Re: 2012 AHL Playoffs Thread Round 1

Post by amerks23 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:02 pm

TheNatural wrote:You guys could always try taking the GO train's Lakeshore West line. It has a stop right at Exhibition Place.
This is even better. i forgot about the GO Train. You can get there right from Union Station. No Transfers. "The Natural" knows his Toronto!
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/ ... d/EXGO.pdf
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

Bluey

Post by Bluey » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:17 pm

It used to be used for the cows during the CNE.

The cow place is still there.

Ricoh used to be the horse show arena.
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Bluey wrote:It used to be used for the cows during the CNE.

The cow place is still there.

Ricoh used to be the horse show arena.
That's right. I thought it was the cow palace. I missed you last Friday night. I hope the SKED show was good. Hope to see you Monday night!
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Bourgeois wrote:Its by the lake isn't it? Lots of stuff to do there?

I'm in for Game 5 if necessary for sure. This Saturday is a little tough.

Was thinking of bringing the family. Anyone know what ID a kid needs?
What Tom said. My kid has an enhanced ID just because we cross often so it's easier, the border guards are often surprised.

As for lots of stuff to do, not really arond Ricoh. The 3pm start times make it tough to really do much unless you stay overnight to get the full next day. I'm questioning going this Saturday just because of the 20k other people that'll be in that area and the QEW traffic etc.. Tough call. ugh.

TheNatural

Post by TheNatural » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:44 pm

To anyone who is staying overnight in Toronto this weekend, I suggest that you visit the Real Sports Bar and Grill located across the street from the Air Canada Centre. It was named the best sports bar in North America by either Sports Illustrated or ESPN magazine (I can't remember which).

Also there are a few bars on the other side of the Gardiner from the Ricoh Coliseum that might be worth checking out.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 pm

RWB wrote:Traffic won't prevent me from the playoffs. No different than dealing with traffic at any major sporting event. Just get there a little early. The soccer game will probably end earlier than the hockey game too.
Yup, can't be any worse than trying to get out of a Bills game, or even worse, some of the Nascar races I've been to.

LetsAddMoreBanners

Post by LetsAddMoreBanners » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:22 pm

My Picks...

Norfolk in 4 over MCH...(yes they will lose a game)
Connecticut in 5 over BPT
Syracuse in 5 over STJ
Wilkes-Barre in 4 over HER

OKC in 3 over HOU
TOR in 5 over Amerks - (Amerks will be game opponent but Marlies have loads more talent)
ABB in 4 over Milw.
SAR in 5 over CHI