Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Rochester Americans

2012 AHL Playoffs Thread Round 1

Re: 2012 AHL Playoffs Thread Round 1

Postby TheNatural » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:49 pm

SEER wrote:Do you mean the LEAFS board, Natch..? Marlies don't have a board of their own.. (just Facebook & Twitter, which I don't use)

I don't know those names, but I only signed up in January 2011... We changed Boards in the Fall, so some people were confused, as MLSE deleted the old Leafspace BLOG section and put out a Press statement about it, but it was kind of misleading, as we just "switched" to a new board with a different title.. Our Blog section can't be viewed from the outside anymore (the message board can though, like this one)...and I think some of the older members didn't sign up for the new board, because they didn't even know it existed..?

There was a lot of confusion in the board change.... (and in the Leaf season... HA!) :)

I thought that this video expressed it well... LOL! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQ3x6puh1U

I meant the Marlies section of the Leafs board. If you're a regular at Marlies games, I'm certain that you've seen Jay and torpedo. Jay used to wear a blue and white wig to games and torpedo used to wear a personalized jersey that said "TORPEDO 20" on the back (sometimes he'd wear a Jaime Sifers jersey as well) and he takes photographs at games. I haven't seen him in Rochester in quite some time.
TheNatural

Postby SEER » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:29 pm

keithLGA wrote:http://theahl.com/media/?step=3&sub=0

Hidden online treasure chest of info! Don't share it too far and people will think you're a genius. :)

Thanks Keith.. Lots of info in there,.., but no "line ups", just roster lists... I'm looking for who's playing each game, like
http://www.dailyfaceoff.com & leftwinglock does for NHL games..?

I appreciate the link, though.. Thanks, again..
SEER

Postby SEER » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:33 pm

TheNatural wrote:
SEER wrote:Do you mean the LEAFS board, Natch..? Marlies don't have a board of their own.. (just Facebook & Twitter, which I don't use)

I don't know those names, but I only signed up in January 2011... We changed Boards in the Fall, so some people were confused, as MLSE deleted the old Leafspace BLOG section and put out a Press statement about it, but it was kind of misleading, as we just "switched" to a new board with a different title.. Our Blog section can't be viewed from the outside anymore (the message board can though, like this one)...and I think some of the older members didn't sign up for the new board, because they didn't even know it existed..?

There was a lot of confusion in the board change.... (and in the Leaf season... HA!) :)

I thought that this video expressed it well... LOL! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQ3x6puh1U

I meant the Marlies section of the Leafs board. If you're a regular at Marlies games, I'm certain that you've seen Jay and torpedo. Jay used to wear a blue and white wig to games and torpedo used to wear a personalized jersey that said "TORPEDO 20" on the back (sometimes he'd wear a Jaime Sifers jersey as well) and he takes photographs at games. I haven't seen him in Rochester in quite some time.

I'm rarely at the games in person, Natch... because I am usually working from home & watching most of the games on LeafsTV.. I just do the GT's on the board for Leaf & Marlie games.. I haven't seen those names in the Marlie section of the board this season, though..?
SEER

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:54 pm

LetsAddMoreBanners wrote:My Picks...

Norfolk in 4 over MCH...(yes they will lose a game)
Connecticut in 5 over BPT
Syracuse in 5 over STJ
Wilkes-Barre in 4 over HER

OKC in 3 over HOU
TOR in 5 over Amerks - (Amerks will be game opponent but Marlies have loads more talent)
ABB in 4 over Milw.
SAR in 5 over CHI

Conn Whale move on today by sweeping away the BPort Soundtigers.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby SEER » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 am

Just want to say I feel for you guys... Losing is never a great feeling.. and I have experienced a lot of it with the Leafs... I think this is the strongest Marlie team that we have had here in many years, so I'm hoping that they go far into the rounds, as many of us Leaf fans are hurting...

Can't find any good recap videos of game 2 and/or 3.., so I guess there's not much loaded out there..?

Hope you will root for our Marlies now, as I have always felt it was better to watch the team that beat us go far in the playoffs, as it makes our team look a little better for losing...

Thanks for your kind words.. and I wish you all a happy, safe & productive summer..

--- SEER
SEER

Postby keithLGA » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Rampage win in the 2nd OT for their first ever playoff series win.
keithLGA
Site Admin

Postby Sidewinder » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:02 pm

keithLGA wrote:Rampage win in the 2nd OT for their first ever playoff series win.

Good Job and Good Luck to the Former Amerks that are left on that team...(Could be us if Flroida was still here, Thank God they are not though)
Sidewinder

Postby adsfan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:42 pm

keithLGA wrote:Rampage win in the 2nd OT for their first ever playoff series win.

Double bonus, SA wins and Chicago loses!

With Rochester and Milwaukee out, I have nobody to cheer for.

With the Wolves out, I have nobody to cheer against! I heard that after the game GM Wendell Young went after the refs. Reminds me of the time when he came out in his underwear and tried to attack the goal judge in Milwaukee! Good times.
adsfan

Postby hager » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:51 pm

Good to see the rampage advance. At least they have a parent team that isn't afraid to make some positive changes.
hager

PreviousNext

Return to Rochester Americans