Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Rochester Americans

Amerks lease? Aeros leaving Houston?

Amerks lease? Aeros leaving Houston?

Postby keithLGA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Was reading this article that the Houston Aeros lease is up and they seem to think the team could be moving.

http://thethirdintermission.blogspot.co ... pdate.html

Which got me thinking, didn't Styres sign a 5yr lease with the city here and won't that be up at the end of the season? Maybe it's no big deal but surprised I haven't heard/read anything about that.
keithLGA
Site Admin

Re: Amerks lease? Aeros leaving Houston?

Postby adsfan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:32 pm

I knew that the lease was running out. I read the Houston blog sometimes. It is possible that the Aeros will be re-located closer to MSP.

How about KC? They used to have an IHL team for years. They have an arena and a good airport.
adsfan

Postby keithLGA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 pm

The silly season starts earlier than usual!! No idea how it'll unfold. Are the Aeros privately owned or owned by the Wild?
keithLGA
Site Admin

Postby Bourgeois » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm

CharlieAmerk wrote:Minnesota Sports and Entertainment is majority owners... So it will be their call. Kansas City is really holding out hope of an NHL team someday via expansion or relocation and sometimes that causes a building to be afraid of of a poorly attended AHL team for PR purposes.

I've been told that "do not worry about the lease", and that we may very well like what may transpire going forward. I think they are alluding to a possible change in arena management... Bring on Sportservice!!!

A change is necessary and everyone knows it. I feel like we can really continue to improve the game experience moving forward with different pieces in place.
Bourgeois

Postby moeron15 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 pm

I wonder if they would consider Des Moines. There is a nice 15k seat arena already in place and the market is about the same size as Syracuse. With stable ownership, it may be a viable market (and is an easy drive for me :) ) It is a straight shot up the 35 to St. Paul as well.
moeron15

Return to Rochester Americans