Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Everything Else

A brief break from hockey...

Re: A brief break from hockey...

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 pm

LetsAddMoreBanners wrote:Wings off to a solid 8-8 start so far. Pitching has been good early on. Offense has scraped enough runs together to not be a disaster. Carson and Dozier have carried the Wings. Benson has been in a season long slump sans the opener in Syr. All in all a much more watchable club so far then in year's past.

Ahh what a difference a week and a half makes. Wings now losers of 8 in a row and are in dead last place in the North after falling to 9-16. I'm starting to think that a change needs to be made affiliation wise. Minnesota just doesn't have the horses in the farm right now. Appears as though from everything I've heard all the talent is in A ball. A good 2-3 yrs away from AAA Rochester. I've heard Toronto wants to move back East. I'm inclined to listen at this point. This isn't working anymore with the Twins. This club has zero offense. How this team could be so woeful on offense 3 yrs in a row is beyond me.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Thu May 03, 2012 10:00 am

insagt1 wrote:pretty sad that after dumping all over Nieto, this years team is off to the worst start in the Twins Era. And boy do they look terrible. New manager Glynn certainly isn't inspiring anything. Team is fundamentally un-sound. Can't score runs. Terrible bullpen.
Twins are worse than we are. They are 6-18 and just got no-hit tonite.
I was never a fan of hooking on with Toronto in the past, but like you, I'm listening now.

Thing is...there actually is talent on the Wings roster...but everyone is underachieving and there is not semblance of 'team' with these guys. We're so bad we can't even draw fans to see the Yankee farmhands! Might have been a hundred or so there tonite...

Ya Ted, their avg. about 1800 for the Yankee home games in Rochester. But anybody who's been to the park for those games knows there hasn't been more then a couple hundred ppl there for these games.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby bmb2jn » Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

insagt1 wrote:Yankee fans must be in mourning today...a freak accident has sidelined Mariano Rivera for the season! Shagging a fly ball! As Donnie would say...man oh man! Yanks could be in real trouble this season.

On another front, the Tampa Bay Rays are on fire yet they drew 11,000 to their game yesterday. That city so doesn't deserve a MLB team. Very interesting that the team on their heels is Baltimore, not NY or Boston......yet.

From what I hear Tropicana Field is in a bad, crime ridden part of town. Maybe if they built a new stadium.

But yeah, it's sad that the Rays draw that bad attendance, considering how good they've been over the last couple of years.
bmb2jn

Postby dhils » Fri May 04, 2012 11:54 am

Formerly dih, yes, I am still alive. I must admit that my heart stopped last night when I saw Mariano get injured. The very sad part is that most people assumed this was his last season and it's a shame it had to end this way for the best closer in baseball. That being said, I believe Robertson will do fine as a closer (as soon as NY remembers how to hit the damn ball and score runners on base). I, too, cannot believe that Tampa draws so poorly for being such a good team. Go figure.
dhils

Postby Dubblenikle » Fri May 04, 2012 2:13 pm

I have heard some rumblings that the Blue Jays would like to affiliate here. Is that good or bad? I know they are with a PCL team (Vegas I think) and that's so far away. I think having the Jays in would help. Get some bus trips to see the big club play the Yankees and Red Sox. As much as I liked Minnesota I think it was more my disgust with Balitmore and now look, we are right back where we came from. The Jays are up and comers, the Twins are sinking like a rock. We get stuck with these teams that treat minor leagues as throw and see what sticks organizations and we pay the price. Hopefully they can do something to get a winner in here.
Dubblenikle

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else