Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Everything Else

Pettitte to Pitch Here

Re: Pettitte to Pitch Here

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Sun May 06, 2012 11:09 am

insagt1 wrote:can you believe those stats on Benson? 0-10 with sacks loaded and 1-30 with RISP. I'm betting he gets sent to AA if Dinkelman ever gets off the DL and Revere hangs around here any longer. The guy clearly is over his head right now.
Mastroianni----where did this guy come from? Makes you wonder why they sent him down on the last day of ST. He's the only guy really hitting right now.
The Pawtucket series will tell a tale. Either we negate the last 4 wins or we build on them. Also, have we heard whether the Twins have sent us a pitcher? Hendriks? Liriano? Blyleven?

Benson is really why this team is where it is. If he hits like his brief career numbers indicate the Wings are probably 3-4 games OVER .500 instead of under. Luckily with the OF depth that we have, I doubt they let him struggle here for 1/2 a season or longer. I hope Clete Thomas accepts an assignment here. Really would help the depth.

Mastro went down to give some guys like Benson a shot at AAA. It won't be long before you have an outfield of Mastro in LF, Ramirez in CF and Carson in RF. When Wilkin Ramirez comes off the DL, I suspect Tosoni or Benson will be heading to New Britain.

No news on a Pitcher yet. Buster Olney confirmed what I speculated earlier. Dozier will play SS in Seattle this afternoon.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby Bourgeois » Mon May 07, 2012 8:35 am

I know I'm in the minority, but I completely agree with Tom.
Bourgeois

Postby Bourgeois » Mon May 07, 2012 9:33 am

insagt1 wrote:so Eric--you aren't even a baseball fan...so on what basis do you agree? Are you also a Dan Mason hater? Just curious--I'll be out there swattin flies and sweatin pretty soon. Since we can't have hockey, nothin like a night at the ballyard.

I see Dan Mason as being a business leader in this city and I played varsity ball in high school, as well as following the Dodgers somewhat religiously.

I agree with everything Tom said.

The Wings and Amerks aren't just some run of the mill minor league franchises, and moving games for former stars is a bandwagon brand pissing-on move. It makes sense from a money standpoint, but it further weakens the Red Wings brand.
Bourgeois

Postby Bourgeois » Mon May 07, 2012 1:13 pm

insagt1 wrote: This game in no way shape or form weakened the Red Wings brand. That is a real stretch. The Wings and Amerks operate on different planes as we all know. Winning for the Amerks is much more important than it is for the Wings.

Winning USED to be important in the IL and for the Wings, too.

Just sayin'.
Bourgeois

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else