Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Buffalo Sabres

Time Warner might drop MSG?

Re: Time Warner might drop MSG?

Postby TheNatural » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm not a fan of the Sabres, Rangers, Islanders, or Knicks, so MSG being dropped by Time Warner doesn't affect me at all. But what does bother me is that I just realized that Fuse got dropped from Time Warner in the midst of this nonsense.
TheNatural

Postby Bourgeois » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

schlag wrote:
Bourgeois wrote:
schlag wrote: I left cable in 1996 and will never go back. day late and a dollar short on every feature. you name it I had it years ago on DTV.

Oh yeah...well they have hot chicks that pop out of the receivers now in bikini's with cold beers!

whoa they pop out of your receiver in bikinis? hell they pop out of mine naked. :lol:

WTF!?! CHARLIE .... I NEED AN UPGRADE!
Bourgeois

Postby dih » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 pm

For those that haven't heard - NYS Attorney General told MSG and TWC to resume talking.
dih

Postby Nebula » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:29 pm

I would tell him to go f himself. The government has no right getting into this matter between a private company and a licensed monopoly.
Nebula

Postby Bourgeois » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 pm

I agree.
Bourgeois

Postby keithLGA » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:21 pm

One of the reasons is that Buffalo gets something like 5% of Time Warners profits in Buffalo so everytime customers cancel the city is losing money, so they called in the attorney general.
keithLGA
Site Admin

Postby Dubblenikle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Another city that votes left and can't figure out why it's dying. I'm so done with ny. No reason for he attorney general to have any say. It's private business. Anyway, I think it's helping the amerks. Many time Warner folks can't watch the sabres this weekend so they might be saying, hey let's go watch Chewey, Kassian and tropper. Plus, I think word is spreading that they are hard working. Something those fans aren't getting and wanting. I someone actually say to fire lindy and call up Ronnie rolston. Haha, easy killer. But he is getting the most out of these kids. Not sure how he would fair itch prima donnas in the NHL. That's something he won't have to worry about here.
Dubblenikle

Postby dih » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:35 pm

TheNatural wrote:I'm not a fan of the Sabres, Rangers, Islanders, or Knicks, so MSG being dropped by Time Warner doesn't affect me at all. But what does bother me is that I just realized that Fuse got dropped from Time Warner in the midst of this nonsense.

Fuse is part of MSG which is why it went away when MSG pulled the plug.
dih

Postby keithLGA » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:43 pm

franchise fee's/profits.. gotcha.. either way, the city is losing money assuming people are cancelling as much as they say they are.
keithLGA
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Buffalo Sabres