Why Its So Easy to Hate This Year's Red Wings

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Re: Why Its So Easy to Hate This Year's Red Wings

Post by insagt1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:08 am

One bright light....you're getting Vlad Jr apparently....at least until Sept 1. I hope he's with the Bisons when they make their last trip here. He's an exciting player. His dad totally bypassed AAA on his way to the HOF. (he should have gone in as an Expo...but thats a rant for another day)

Last night was kind of a breath of fresh air. Wings knocked off the baby Skanks...and Tyler Austin homered for us in his first game since exhanging uniforms. It also kept Vargas on the bench...the whole lineup seemed refreshed. Vargas has to go. He, like so many others this year proved useless to us.

bmb2jn

Post by bmb2jn » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:32 am

Yep. I saw his game yesterday. And agreed that his Dad should’ve gone in as an Expo.

Dubblenikle

Post by Dubblenikle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Just extended Minnesota through 2020.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Thats OK, There''s nobody else worth switching for.
Tyler Austin with his 2nd HR in as many games for the Wings as they win again 6-2. Thats 3 straight over the baby Yankees. Beating any team affiliated with the Yankees is always a happy day.

Vargas hitless and is now 2-41. Why is he still here?

TheNatural

Post by TheNatural » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:57 am

insagt1 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:08 am
One bright light....you're getting Vlad Jr apparently....at least until Sept 1. I hope he's with the Bisons when they make their last trip here. He's an exciting player. His dad totally bypassed AAA on his way to the HOF. (he should have gone in as an Expo...but thats a rant for another day)
Vlad, Jr. will be with the Bisons until mid-April.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:11 am

If he does well, don't be surprised if he gets a cup of coffee at expanded roster time in Sept. Meantime, enjoy him.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 am

Just my luck last night but the beginning of the game was a total snoozer, Red Wings made a game out of it in the 5th but we left right after that because my phone kept saying it was about to downpour. Well right when the rain got to the city it completely broke up and the rain never happened, and the Red Wings come back to win after we left. Oh well. I was a little surprised by the low attendance, we only went because the "Rock the ROC" thing and I thought it would be more like the initial Plates game with the way they were hyping it up, still a decent crowd though.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Going to my 2nd game of the season on Friday night. Hopefully it'll be a decent one!

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Well that game was a dud. Left after the 5th when the Wing were down 8-1. I don't think the Zooperstars could even get me to go back tomorrow night.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Tonites game worse than last night.
And no offense to the guy who designed that ROC 'Mt Rushmore'....but none of the 4 looked even remotely like the real famous 4. Even as bobbleheads, they wouldn't have come close. You'd think they could have done a better job than that wouldn't you?
Seems like every time the Wings do win a laugher....they follow it up with a losing streak.