Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Buffalo Sabres

Darcy On HNIC

Re: Darcy On HNIC

Postby Dubblenikle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:28 am

Looks like buffalo is getting in. I don't think washington has the make up to hold off buffalo and winnipeg. My thought is maybe just missing the playoffs makes peggy keep darcy and say, well it was close and if we got in we could have done some damage. But all the injuries..... At this point, its almost better today they sneak in and hopefully get annihilated. 4 game sweep and a beating every game. Its very likely going to take peggy 3-5 years to realize darcy is the problem. Fasten your seat belts folks. Regeir could make it to his 20th season.
Dubblenikle

Postby bmb2jn » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:37 pm

insagt1 wrote:it will take a failure of some kind to get Darcy canned. Best we can hope for is probably a discussion that leads to a separate GM-type for the Amerks-someone other than Regier who can mind the store down here and make sure we aren't being caught short.
Darcy says he had a deal for us that fell thru....I can't believe anyone is buying that crap....one deal...at the deadline...thats the best you can offer us? Darcy has players down here he can use....thats all he cares about. Once they are recalled, Rochester doesn't exist on his radar. I don't care how Sabres fans spin it (and to be fair....most, but not all, of them understand the problem) Regier is not the type of GM this city needs or wants to restore us back to former glory....or ANY glory to be honest.

I'd rather see Regier get canned altogther.

Although he did impress me with the Gaustad & Hogson trades, I still don't trust Regier getting a Stanley Cup to Buffalo. The best thing for both teams is for Regier to go.

I just hope Pegula sees this.
bmb2jn

Postby Dubblenikle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:44 pm

They wouldn't have given him the keys at the deadline if they had any thoughts of canning him. Why let him set a team for someone else. Get your helmets on. I doubt there are any office changes of any significance this off season. Sadly it appears peggy wants to learn the hard way.
Dubblenikle

Postby Bourgeois » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:05 am

Blue n Gold Forever wrote:I think that Darcy's earned the right to continue based on his record of moves since Terry Pegula took over. I've said it and have also seen it said by others that the best the Amerks can hope for is that Pegula will want to review and change how the Amerks are managed. Have to say though, that with all the call-ups and injuries, if Rochester makes the playoffs and wins a round, it will be difficult to make a case that they have been mismanaged.

Only an edict from Pegula will force Regier to alter his organizational philosophy relative to player development. I don't know whether Pegula has his finger on the pulse in Rochester to issue that edict.

I can't argue with Darcy's moves at the NHL level since Pegula purchased the team. In fact, if he keeps going and gets rid of Roy I may be able to start rooting for them again. Just find that current main core unlikeable and stale.
Bourgeois

Postby Bourgeois » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:09 am

insagt1 wrote:Should point out that while everyone is annointing Regier for making such great moves at the deadline, he still can't overcome the 'Sabre Deadline Curse'--which says that whoever the Sabres acquire, stops producing immediately. Let's count on the fingers of one hand how many points Mr Hodgson has scored since joining the Sabres 9 games ago.....uh, I'll take ZERO for $100 Alex. Thats right, nada. (Kassian has 2 points for Vancouver so far)

Hodgson is a prospect more than anything else. He was just in Manitoba last Spring. I expect him to be a goodie.
Bourgeois

Postby hockey13 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Two words! Lindy Ruff's system. Lol. That is why players do not produce when they come to Buffalo.
hockey13

Postby hockey13 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Three words! Lindy Ruff's system. Lol. That is why players do not produce when they come to Buffalo.
hockey13

PreviousNext

Return to Buffalo Sabres