Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Rochester Americans

Disappointment at the BCA

Re: Disappointment at the BCA

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:44 am

There's enough to chew on from last night to go for a week but a couple things that were disturbing.

1- Our PP continues to be troubling. Too much passing, not enough shooting and quite frankly we aren't a good passing team.

2-Can't bury chances, McNabb and Whitmore late to name a few. I don't care what the excuses are they have to finish.

3-Luke Adam just stinks. You can't spin it any other way. He's a lousy skater, lacks effort and motivation. Stinks as a passer and can't finish.

4-MacIntyre's disappearing act on the bench. Some team player he is. Pouting because he's not the starter. Quite frankly most modern-day athletes make me sick. He appears to be no exception. And Rolston's lamo excuse about not paying attention to back up goalie was garbage.

5-Everytime Persson is on the ice we get hemmed in our end. Dude can't play or atleast can't play in crunch time situations. Whenever he's paired with Morrisonn I cringe.

6-Lagace, Where did he go? Some are probably asking was he ever here. 10 Goals in the first half of the season and he's disappeared the last 3 months. Could really use his skill, but unfortunately he seems to have reverted back to being a spare part like he was last yr in Portland.

7-Gongalsky in the shootout and Szydlowski as your number 5 shooter? Really, I was half expecting Joe Finley and Nick Crawford. Does RR pick these names out of a hat? Fling gum at names on the wall? I don't get it and don't pretend to. Only saving grace is that IF we happen to make the playoffs the shootout goes away.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby oldtimehockey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:05 am

Luke Adam is jut putrid. How was this guy Rookie of the Year, and a top forward in Buffalo in the beginning of the year? What a crappy skater this guy is, and slow really doesn't do him justice.

Gee, let's see. I could pick better SO guys blindfolded. I know Whitmore didn't score at the end, but geez, he's at least as good as Igor the Great. Could have put Rankin, Stuart, Voakes ,etc. etc. out too. Rolston is a strange dude...MacIntyre? Don't know where he went....
oldtimehockey

Postby Bourgeois » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:11 am

I'm just puzzled by Adam. Maybe the effort wasn't there last night, but for the most part his issue seems to be his isn't that good...but how can that be based on his previous credentials!?! Is it conditioning?
Bourgeois

Postby UncleBenny » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 am

Is it really a skill issue with Adam? I just think he isn't putting the effort in, simple as that. I didn't see this, but according to my brother at one point Szczechura came to the bench last night, think it was during a PK, and then had to stay on the ice because no one was ready to go out. Who stood up right after that? That's right, Luke Adam, not even paying attention to when he's supposed to be on the ice from what we could tell.
UncleBenny

Postby Bourgeois » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:20 am

UncleBenny wrote:Is it really a skill issue with Adam? I just think he isn't putting the effort in, simple as that. I didn't see this, but according to my brother at one point Szczechura came to the bench last night, think it was during a PK, and then had to stay on the ice because no one was ready to go out. Who stood up right after that? That's right, Luke Adam, not even paying attention to when he's supposed to be on the ice from what we could tell.

Hmm...mentally prepared. That would make sense.
Bourgeois

Postby schlag » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:29 am

When Ward Cleaver sent out Chewie as the first SO shooter, I thought hey maybe this guy has figured out he should let the scorers shoot. then when I saw Sydlowski and Brennan I was brought back to reality. when it comes to shootout the guy really is a moron.
schlag

Postby Dubblenikle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:40 am

I'm ok with brennan. He scored more than most of the forwards and so he is done.but your a$* is against the wall and your grinders get a shot? Chewey, whitmore, stuart, varone and brennan in no particular order should have gone. this happens too often. A point here, a point there, your in or out based on one tiny point this year. I said we needed 10 of the 14 points minimum on this bingocuse stretch. We have 7 I believe? 3-0 vs bingo, 0-1-1 to the crotch. Need two friday and absolute worst case one sunday. Cannot escape with less. Well be a crushing blow. I would prefer all 4, but 3 is a must.
Dubblenikle

Postby Bluey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 am

I am hearing that Mac's wife was just about to have a child and the reason he wasn't on the bench is that he was monitoring her progress.
Knowledge is good- Emil Faber
Bluey

Postby Stirge » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:59 am

UncleBenny wrote:Refs were just pissed they kept getting hit with the puck, get out of the damn way.

Wasn't the Finley corner thing at the end of the second? Right when they scored. I couldn't see what was going on from my seat either.

Yeah, I think it was the end of the second now that you mentioned it. And I agree, the real problem was that we couldn't clear the puck. It tears you up when we lose one like this at home. One of the players is my neighbor, he thought that one of the officials had it in for the Amerks.
Stirge

Postby kent » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:09 am

Okay my turn.

1. This web board is either, "they suck and won't make the playoffs or all sh*ts and giggles and only 4 points out of 4th" mood.
2. The 2 biggest differences that I saw since the last game was the terrible passing leading to turnovers and the reluctance to dump the puck deep leading to turnovers.
3. Tarrki stole that game for the Crunch. How he didn't get 1st star I don't know, let alone any star. He robbed guys 3 times.
4. To me Adam looks tired not slow. Roloston is using him too much and it is hindering his abilities. First is to get him off the penalty kill. Then he used him the full 2 minutes on 1 PP. Not having a 4th line is also giving the other 3 lines more minutes. He probably played over 20 minutes, which is too much for his conditioning level.
5. Perrson does indeed suck. I was glad to see that at the end of the 3rd he was sitting.
6. I was flabbergasted at the shootout picks. Rolston could very well of cost us 1 point.
7. I could care less about the MacIntrye thing. How do we know he is pouting?
kent

PreviousNext

Return to Rochester Americans