Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Rochester Americans

Disappointment at the BCA

Re: Disappointment at the BCA

Postby amerks23 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:08 pm

insagt1 wrote:Charlie---I do believe some of the grousing is legitimate and most of the anger directed at Regier is warranted. It became pretty clear after the first 2 months that Ryan wasn't going to be able to play. Yet he was never replaced. When the guys say that Regier made no moves to improve this team other than a handful of ECHL standby's--its very true.
We were told by Pegula and Black that things would be a bit better. Many of us took that to mean there would be more and closer oversight on us throughout the year.
Granted we are still on the cusp of the playoffs, but we certainly don't have a team that can win a playoff series. You saw the game last night. When the Crunch decided to turn it on, we looked pretty bad.

Its less Sabre hating, and more frustration that we are still stuck with a GM that doesn't care very much about us. Only in that we supply him with players as soon as someone in Buffalo gets a hangnail.
Thats what bugs many of us. And we'll talk about it because its good therapy to air it out. I know I was very unhappy going home last night. That game was very frustrating.

Ted,

Great points as always. The voice of reason again.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.
amerks23

Postby Sidewinder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Amerks should have won that game last night easily 7-3, 8-3. What I saw was TONS of missed opportunities, open net shots that went way wide, missing the net completely. Not lifting the puck up to get it over the goalie's stick and into the net....with the way they dominated most of the game it should have NEVER came down to OT or the SO. But it is what it is and nothing gonna change it till a certain GM is OUT OF BUISNESS in the "SABRES UNIVERSITY"
Sidewinder

Postby amerks23 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 am

I think Ron R. has done a great job coaching the Amerks considering all the call ups, injuries, etc. and no help from Darcy since October. It pretty amazing that they are in the thick of the playoff race. I think it will come down to that last weekend with the 2 games with the Crunch and the Monsters.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.
amerks23

Postby oldtimehockey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:11 am

I think if Gerbe and Kaleta play, the best we hope for is Turnbull and possibly Tropp. I don't see a scenario where Foligno comes back unless the Sabres don't make it or are eliminated.
oldtimehockey

Postby UncleBenny » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:48 am

RWB wrote:Actually I think Rolston sucks because the PP has never gotten better, the PK has never gotten better, they still always start games slow and his shootout picks are embarrassing. I think he sucks. But I could see an argument for him being an average coach, at best.

I think that's a slight exaggeration, always starting slow? Pretty sure we had 20+ shots in the first period on Wednesday, if that's a slow start then I'd love to see a fast one. The PP is still not great, but it has definitely improved from where it was in the beginning of the season. I don't think Rolston is the greatest coach ever, but I think he has at the very least done a decent job with what he has to work with.
UncleBenny

PreviousNext

Return to Rochester Americans