Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Buffalo Sabres

MILLER UNHAPPY WITH THE NUMBER OF NHL GOALTENDERS GETTING HI

MILLER UNHAPPY WITH THE NUMBER OF NHL GOALTENDERS GETTING HI

Postby amerks23 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Interesting take..........

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=383350
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.
amerks23

Re: MILLER UNHAPPY WITH THE NUMBER OF NHL GOALTENDERS GETTIN

Postby Dubblenikle » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I don't know if they didn't get hut as much. I think the knowledge of medical conditions was lower and a lack of instant national coverage prevented word from spreading. I think guys played through more pain being told its a pulled muscle when it was a tear, or a headache not a concussion. No helmets did require more respect of your fellow players. As or the instigator and third man in rules those could be reconsidered. Only thing is the NHL and nfl are in a very tough spot. They want to keep the games exciting, but medical technology is revealing all the bad that comes from that. It's worse in football. Those guys are dying before they reach 60 with the Brain of a 114 year old. The liability is way way too high. Just read today the nfl is being sued over brain injuries. The NHL would rather go to women's rules than be sued out of existence. I think it will progress to a softer and softer game. But I agree, teams policing will reduce big concussion causing hits. But the punches will bring many as well. What's the answer? Glad it's not up to me to figure out.
Dubblenikle

Re: MILLER UNHAPPY WITH THE NUMBER OF NHL GOALTENDERS GETTIN

Postby adsfan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Eject and suspend players who run over the goalies, like the way Lucic did to Ryan Miller.

I saw a Wisconsin Badgers game years ago on TV. A North Dakota forward ran over the goalie, twice! The Wisconsin players were unhappy the first time. After the second time, the guys on the ice all went after the player and the ref. If he would have called something the first time, there wouldn't have been a line brawl the second time.
adsfan

Return to Buffalo Sabres