Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Rochester Americans

Amerk Playoff Games on TV

Amerk Playoff Games on TV

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:05 am

After reading the Marlies twitter feed it looks like Rogers TV will be broadcasting their games starting Thursday for Game 1. I wonder if the Amerks could acquire that feed and put it on TWSN.

Charlie you work in the industry. Any chance these games have a chance to be televised on Rochester air? Maybe on TWSN?
LetsAddMoreBanners

Re: Amerk Playoff Games on TV

Postby Disengage » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm

From what Charlie was telling me Saturday, it sounds like it's difficult to get rights for games played in Canada. I wouldn't get your hopes high.
Disengage

Postby amerks23 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:17 pm

LetsAddMoreBanners wrote:After reading the Marlies twitter feed it looks like Rogers TV will be broadcasting their games starting Thursday for Game 1. I wonder if the Amerks could acquire that feed and put it on TWSN.

Charlie you work in the industry. Any chance these games have a chance to be televised on Rochester air? Maybe on TWSN?

I doubt if the Leafs would let TWC get any games out of their market. Since the Leafs are owned by Rogers I don't see that happening.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.
amerks23

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:57 pm

If It's a permit fee, I wonder if Pegula or someone at the Amerks could help out. I don't mind much during the regular season that road games aren't televised because of all the obsticles. BUT, boy it'd sure be nice to get those postseason games on if possible. I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest in not only Rochester but also Buffalo.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

CharlieAmerk wrote:And of course, you have the AHL that is going to want to get paid for the ahllive buys that are lost. I think if they are able to move on further, there might be more of a possibility. I would be shocked if they went out of their way for this round.

5 of the other teams (after removing Abbottsford, Toronto and Us) are in North American Cable system cities... a couple are TWC markets.

WE shall see.

Ok, thanks for the info. That AHLlive is a joke. And it's criminal that they charge $10 for a playoff game. The production in most arenas is simply dreadful. Syracuse's looks like a 50s video of the Montreal Canadiens games.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby Insomniac » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 am

insagt1 wrote:best regards my a$*. does this mean that even if we got to the Finals, there would be no local TV? Are they goofy? Strategy...lets see, I guess the Sabres owner is broke and there is nothing left in the til for our little ole Amerks. Time to dig another gas well.

OK, I may be sounding like a jerk here...but the above is pretty hard to take.

You do recall that the Sabres were off the air for nearly 3 months. Do you really think the Organization has much of a pull at all with TWC?
Insomniac

Next

Return to Rochester Americans