Board index Let's Go Amerks Forums Everything Else

Pettitte to Pitch Here

Re: Pettitte to Pitch Here

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Fri May 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Ted--I don't agree with anything you've said over the last two posts.

1) The Wings are more interested in making money by any means necessary instead of the success of their team. Evidence also by selling Strausburg merch. 2 yrs ago while trying to beat the Wings.

2) The Wings have become 2nd rate in their own stadium. The Front office has clearly made that reality.

3) If the Wings cared about anything on-field wise they'd get a clue and try and affiliate with NYY instead of baby sitting their prospects for a yr. while some other city reeps the rewards.

4) What's next, if the Wings can get 10,000 for an outdoor circus are we gonna start cancelling games for that too?

I get the financial winfall that the Wings will receive for this. It just comes off as something the Syracuse Crunch would do with all of their stunts.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Fri May 04, 2012 3:09 pm

It's pretty clear you think one way about this and I think another.

We are arguing different points. I understand all the ramifications that it brings. I will challenge you on this though, that 85% of the fans in that bldg. on sunday couldn't give a poop about the Red Wings. So to say this is giving the fans a much needed break from the bad wings baseball (or however you phrased) is simply foolish. I know of 10 ppl off the top of my head that are going sunday that never go to wings games.

I'm not doubting all the pluses of an event. I just think it magnifies that we are a Minor League town that will do anything to crave attention and a quick buck. That's fine, but then don't say the care about doing what's best for the RED WINGS.

Can you imagine if the Amerks moved a friday night hockey game so a team like the Syracuse Crunch could accomadate more fans for a star player's rehab. (Let's say Stamkos if TB affiliates with SYR next yr) This board and you know it, would be pissed off beyond belief. It's the same thing with the Wings except less ppl actually care.

And despite the public ass-kissing the the city of Rochester gives to Mason. He doesn't care one iota about the product on the field. As evidence by this september when the Wings re-up with Minnesota AGAIN after a subpar season.

Just makes me sick.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Fri May 04, 2012 3:29 pm

This reminds me of logogate from when the Sabres took over the Amerks. In the grand scheme of things is it that bad? No Is it incredibly tacky/amateurish? You bet...Atleast IMO.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Postby LetsAddMoreBanners » Sun May 06, 2012 9:28 am

Dozier is going up because he's one a few in the organization who can actually hit. I suspect Doumit will catch, Mauer will play 1B and Dozier will play SS or 3B. Wings back on the upswing with 4 Wins in a row now. Will be a brutal week in Pawtucket if their offensive game doesn't come around.
LetsAddMoreBanners

Next

Return to Everything Else