Here’s a list of current and previous injuries to players impacting the Rochester Americans season. The status of the players have all been confirmed.
(Updated: March 18, 2019)
Current (most recent first):
- Sean Malone – lower body – day to day – Played 3/9, missed 3/10 game and practice 3/12.
Previous Injuries/Missed games:
- Kyle Criscuolo – lower body –
week to weekday to day – Left the game early 2/8, missed the game 2/9, and practice 2/11. Has been out since. Has skated on his own. Returned to team practice 3/12. Returned 3/13.
- Kevin Porter – upper body – day to day – missed practice 2/25, out since. Returned to team practice 3/5. Returned 3/8.
- Wayne Simpson – upper body – day to day – missed practice 2/25, out since. Returned to team practice without contact 3/5. Returned 3/8.
- Alex Nylander – upper body – week to week – Hurt in practice 2/5 from a hit. Returned to practice 2/14. Skated 2/19 with a no contact jersey on. Full practice 2/21 and expected back 2/22.
- Sean Malone – lower body –
week to weekday to day – Didn’t travel to Toronto on 1/12, has been out of practice since. Lingering injury, decision was made to go out for recovery. Returned to team practice 2/14. Expected back 2/22.
- Zach Redmond – lower body –
week to week day to dayweek to week – Last minute of the game 1/23 he fell awkward into the boards, had to be helped off the ice. Possibly back the 2nd week of February. [ Tweet of the incident ] Changed to day to day on 2/4, returned to practice 2/6. Returned to playing on February 20th after missing 11 games.
- Andrew Oglevie – Concussion – indefinite – Occurred during the game on 11/30. Has started working out again. Returned to team practice 2/4 in non contact jersey. Returned to skating on a line 2/14. Returned 2/15.
- Kevin Porter – lower body – day to day – Finished the game 2/9. Missed practice 2/11. Returned 2/14.
- Brendan Guhle – sick – Finished the game 2/8. Missed the game 2/9.
- Wayne Simpson – Lower body – day to day – Was hurt on 2/1 and didn’t play 2/2. Missed practice 2/4, returned 2/5. Only missed one game.
- Scott Wedgewood – Lower body – week to week – Played 1/23, had a stress fracture on his ankle, out for recovery. Cleared 2/4. Missed 4 games.
- Will Borgen – lower body – day to day – Missed the game on 1/19. Didn’t miss any practices.
- Kevin Porter – Lower body – week to week – Looked like a possible knee on knee hit halfway through the 3rd period vs Providence on 12/7. Played half a shift on 12/7 after the hit, didn’t return, didn’t play on 12/8. Hasn’t practiced since. Expected back mid January. Returned to team practice on January 9.
- Alex Nylander – Upper body – day to day – hit early in the first period on 12/28, played two short shifts after, left the game. Didn’t play 12/29. Returned 1/2 vs Bridgeport.
- Matt Tennyson – Unknown – day to day. Out since 12/22. Returned 1/2 vs Bridgeport.
- Sean Malone – Unknown – day to day – Missed one game on 12/26.
- Alex Nylander – Lower body – day to day – miss practice 12/18 and games on 12/19 and 12/21. Returned 12/22.
- Kyle Criscuolo – Lower body – week to week – Blocked a shot in the 2nd period on 10/26 and didn’t return to the game. Out of the game on 10/27. Returned to practice 11/8. Left practice early on 11/14. Did not travel with the team on the 3 in 3 road trip. Hasn’t practiced with the team since 11/14. Expected to start skating again by
11/30 or firstthe second week of December. Returned to skating with the team on 12/18, returned 12/21.
- Goal horn – Unknown – week to week – Last worked on 11/9 against Syracuse. Didn’t work 11/23 and the only goal horn sound came from the speakers. Returned to action on 11/30.
- Victor Olofsson – Lower body – day to day – Missed the 3rd period on 11/7 and was held out of practices but did skate with trainers. Missed three games and returned 11/18 vs Hartford.
- Tyler Randell – Lower body – day to day – Banged up in the game vs Utica on 10/26. Skated Nov 9, practiced 11/11. Returned to playing 11/17.
- Jack Dougherty – Lower body – week to week – Blocked a shot on Wednesday October 10 vs Syracuse. Skated Nov 9, practiced 11/11. Returned to playing 11/17.
- Matt Tennyson – Lower body – day to day – Banged up in the game vs Utica on 10/26. Skated Nov 9. Returned to playing 11/16.
- Brendan Guhle – missed the game 11/7 and 11/9 due to illness. Not an injury and didn’t want to list him below but still listing him since it’s a game missed but wasn’t a ‘healthy’ scratch.
- Sean Malone – Knee – six weeks (late October / early November) – Occurred late in the second period of the Sabres preseason game vs Columbus on Sept 17. Returned to practice November 1st. Returned to playing November 7th.
- Andrew Oglevie – Unknown – week to week – Only played the first period on 10/13, didn’t play on 10/14. Returned to practice week of 10/29.
- Brandon Hickey – Preseason – Unknown – Day to day – Happened during the preseason in Buffalo. Assigned to the Amerks before the regular season started.
- Lawrence Pilut – Upper body – day to day – Happened 10/17, practiced Thursday 10/18, missed the games on 10/19 and 10/20. Returned to game play on 10/26 and missed two games.
- Myles Powell – Unknown – day to day – returned to practice week of 10/22.
The injury info is accurate but total games lost is a loose estimate based on when a player stopped playing and returned playing.
Approximate number of regular season games missed by player due to injury: (coming soon)