Here’s a list of current and previous injuries to players impacting the Rochester Americans season. The status of the players have all been confirmed.
(Updated: Nov 18, 2018)
Current (most recent first):
- Kyle Criscuolo – Lower body – day to day – Blocked a shot in the 2nd period on 10/26 and didn’t return to the game. Out of the game on 10/27. Returned to practice 11/8. Left practice early on 11/14. Did not travel with the team on the 3 in 3 road trip.
Previous Injuries/Missed games:
- Victor Olofsson – Lower body – day to day – Missed the 3rd period on 11/7 and was held out of practices but did skate with trainers. Missed three games and returned 11/18 vs Hartford.
- Tyler Randell – Lower body – day to day – Banged up in the game vs Utica on 10/26. Skated Nov 9, practiced 11/11. Returned to playing 11/17.
- Jack Dougherty – Lower body – week to week – Blocked a shot on Wednesday October 10 vs Syracuse. Skated Nov 9, practiced 11/11. Returned to playing 11/17.
- Matt Tennyson – Lower body – day to day – Banged up in the game vs Utica on 10/26. Skated Nov 9. Returned to playing 11/16.
- Brendan Guhle – missed the game 11/7 and 11/9 due to illness. Not an injury and didn’t want to list him below but still listing him since it’s a game missed but wasn’t a ‘healthy’ scratch.
- Sean Malone – Knee – six weeks (late October / early November) – Occurred late in the second period of the Sabres preseason game vs Columbus on Sept 17. Returned to practice November 1st. Returned to playing November 7th.
- Andrew Oglevie – Unknown – week to week – Only played the first period on 10/13, didn’t play on 10/14. Returned to practice week of 10/29.
- Brandon Hickey – Preseason – Unknown – Day to day – Happened during the preseason in Buffalo. Assigned to the Amerks before the regular season started.
- Lawrence Pilut – Upper body – day to day – Happened 10/17, practiced Thursday 10/18, missed the games on 10/19 and 10/20. Returned to game play on 10/26 and missed two games.
- Myles Powell – Unknown – day to day – returned to practice week of 10/22.
The injury info is accurate but total games lost is a loose estimate based on when a player stopped playing and returned playing.
Approximate number of regular season games missed by player due to injury: (coming soon)