Here’s a list of current and previous injuries to players impacting the Rochester Americans season. The status of the players have all been confirmed. We talked to Amerks head coach Chris Taylor on a regular basis for updates.
(Updated: November 16, 2017)
Current 2017/2018 injuries
- Alexander Nylander – Lower body injury on September 8, 2017 vs the NJ Devils in the prospects challenge game. He skated for the first time with light contact on November 4. He returned to skating with the Amerks on November 13. Expected to return November 17
- Evan Rodrigues – Hand injury on September 22, 2017. Rodrigues is expected to spend some time with the Amerks this season but that was derailed when he hurt his hand in a preseason game vs the Toronto Maple Leafs. He returned to practicing with the Amerks on November 14th and is day to day.
- Nathan Paetsch – Lower body injury on October 13, 2017 when he blocked a shot. Current status is week to week, expected back mid to late November.
- Zach Redmond – Played in the first period on November 10, 2017 vs the Belleville Senators but didn’t return. Nothing noticeable in the game, finished a regular shift with a minute left to play in the period. Didn’t play the following night. Lower body. Expected to return November 17.
- Barry Goers – missed the game on November 15th. Day to day. Reason unknown.
- Justin Bailey – returned to the Amerks on November 13 after missing 7 games in Buffalo due to an injury. He took himself out of playing on November 15 as not being ready. Day to day.
- Garret Ross – missed the game on November 15th. Day to day. Reason unknown. Day to day.
Updates will be here once a player has returned.