Here’s a list of current and previous injuries to players impacting the Rochester Americans season. The status of the players have all been confirmed.
(Updated: January 17, 2018)
Current 2017/2018 injuries
- Barry Goers – Unknown – indefinite – Left practice early on November 13. Considered week to week. Upper body. Started skating with the team the week of December 4. Cleared on December 8, skated with the team but went back on the injured list and is out indefinitely.
- Andrew MacWilliam – Upper Body – week to week – blocked a shot in Toronto on December 29 off of his wrist late in the first period and didn’t return to the game.
- Colin Blackwell – Upper body – week to week – added to the list after the January 10 game vs Belleville. Was out for a shift with 1:14 left in the 3rd, no big hits, no wild shots, just went down away from the play after a puck was deflected and never came back.
- Brendan Guhle – Lower body – day to day – was banged up on January 15. Left practice early on January 16.
- Alexander Nylander – Lower body injury on September 8, 2017 vs the NJ Devils in the prospects challenge game. He skated for the first time with light contact on November 4. He returned to skating with the Amerks on November 13. Returned to playing November 17.
- Evan Rodrigues – Hand injury on September 22, 2017. Rodrigues is expected to spend some time with the Amerks this season but that was derailed when he hurt his hand in a preseason game vs the Toronto Maple Leafs. He returned to practicing with the Amerks on November 14th. Returned to playing November 17.
- Garret Ross – missed the game on November 15th. Returned on November 17.
- Zach Redmond – Played in the first period on November 10, 2017 vs the Belleville Senators but didn’t return. Nothing noticeable in the game, finished a regular shift with a minute left to play in the period. Lower body. Returned November 22.
- Brendan Guhle – Missed the game on November 29, lower body, considered day to day. Returned on December 1. Only missed one game.
- Arvin Atwal – was hit along the boards early in the second period on November 18 and left the game. Started skating November 27 without contact. Cleared on December 8 and returned to the the Cincinnati Cyclones.
- Kevin Porter – Upper body, expected to be out two weeks. Missed practice and the game on November 29. Started skating with the team the week of December 4. Returned to play December 13.
- Nathan Paetsch – Broken leg – expected to return to team practices January 2, 2018 – injured on October 13, 2017 when he blocked a shot and broke his leg. Current status is week to week, is hoping to be back before the end of the year. Started skating on his own December 11. Cleared from the injury report on January 2 and has resumed skating with the team, is working on conditioning and the hope is he returns to playing the weekend of January 12.
- Justin Bailey – Upper body – day to day – returned to the Amerks on November 13 after missing 7 games in Buffalo due to an injury. He took himself out of playing on November 15 as not being ready. Returned to play November 18. Practiced on November 21 but left the ice with a limp but still skated with the team in practice. Returned December 15 and appeared to possibly block a shot with his arm/wrist. Back on the injured list due to that game. Resumed skating with the team the week of January 2nd. Cleared from the injury report on January 11th. Possible to play weekend of January 12.