On to the Second Round

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

On to the Second Round

Post by insagt1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:17 pm

Hard to believe Boston is now the top seed in the NHL playoffs. And I think they have demonstrated that 'rest' is overrated. Jackets have been idle for a week while Bruins had just one day to 'rest up' for the start of this series. And they managed to win in OT.
Caution for Bruins fans: last year they beat the Leafs in 7 games...then won game one against TB. A similar situation this year. However after that win, they were swept out 4 straight.

Blues and Dallas in a real close struggle in game 1. I have no idea what to expect from Colorado. Isles should be able to beat Carolina.

Gluey

Re: On to the Second Round

Post by Gluey » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:44 pm

I like the Blues & Bruins right now.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:49 pm

Many picked St Louis to win it all before the playoffs started. But there are so many real good teams in the hunt....all who surpassed expectations in round one.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:08 pm

more fodder for 'rest is overrated'. Carolina who should have been dog tired after 2 OT's to eliminate the Champs, went to OT again tonite against the very well rested Islanders. The result....1-0 OT win for the tired guys. It happens a lot. too much rest is really no good.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Bruins didn't deserve to win tonite. They took two stupid penalties in OT....the 2nd one by Bergeron was the killer. In fact Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak have disappeared for some reason. All 3 of them look awful in this round.
You hate to see an OT game decided by a power play...but Boston shot themselves in the foot. I'm sure they were dog tired...and they couldn't clear the puck at all.
disappointing for me....but a deserved win by Columbus...the better team tonite.

Gluey

Post by Gluey » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm happy to watch the great hockey exhibited by the Isles and Canes. It's long overdue by these franchises.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:15 am

so far the NHL playoffs are so much better than the NBA's sad show, it isn't even close. Blues take the lead 2-1. Bruins need to step up tonite if they have any hope of beating a very motivated BlueJacksets team. Last year Bruins won game 1 against TB and then crashed 4 straight. If they don't want the same result this year in the 2nd round, a few key players need to find their game.
Colorado may still upset SJ. and the darkhorse of the tournament is definitely Carolina--looking better and better with each game. and they are actually drawing real good crowds...hockey was dying on the vine in Carolina, so this playoff run has really helped them.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:38 am

Bruins top line has really disappeared and arguably their best all round player, Bergeron, has had an ugly series so far, He is killing the Bruins with penalties, missed shots and overall lousy play. Boston is facing a pumped up goalie and could repeat last years 2nd round....after winning game one, lost the next 4. They are halfway there.

Gluey

Post by Gluey » Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:15 am
so far the NHL playoffs are so much better than the NBA's sad show, it isn't even close. Blues take the lead 2-1. Bruins need to step up tonite if they have any hope of beating a very motivated BlueJacksets team. Last year Bruins won game 1 against TB and then crashed 4 straight. If they don't want the same result this year in the 2nd round, a few key players need to find their game.
Colorado may still upset SJ. and the darkhorse of the tournament is definitely Carolina--looking better and better with each game. and they are actually drawing real good crowds...hockey was dying on the vine in Carolina, so this playoff run has really helped them.
Anything is better than the NBA. I wouldn't go if I sat next to the stars in LA.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:53 pm

Me neither. I really dislike the NBA...and thats all the syndicated sports shows talk about, non stop. Like its the only sport ever invented. They even forget about baseball.

Suddenly fans in Raleigh have come out of hibernation and have jammed the building as their 'bunch of jerks' continue to shine. Do we see a real upset in the making? And then there is Columbus who could push Boston to the brink tomorrow.