On to the Second Round

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Re: On to the Second Round

Post by insagt1 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:46 pm

some are defending him due to the fact that this same reporter apparently gave him a hard time earlier. No matter. This was not the time to act like a moron. He needed to either not do the interview or put on his game face, not his immature snarky face. He never once looked at the interviewer. It was stupid...whether he had legit reasons or not. that was not the place for it. I'm not giving him any quarter on this one. I hope the coach basically prevents him from doing any interviews going forward.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:08 am

Blues move on. If San Jose wins game 7 tonite, it will ensure that one team in the Finals has never won the Cup.
Bruins resume an old New England rivalry of the past when they host the 'Whalers' starting tomorrow. Lots of attention will be given to Marchand but I hope that circus leaves town and Bruins can focus on hockey, not sideshows.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Sharks all over the Blues in game 1. Bruins all over the Canes in game 2, to take a 2-0 lead. Boston is playing real well right now. Canes haven't lost at home yet, so they still have a legit shot at getting back in this. I still think the B's will advance to the finals. They are clicking on all cylinders and getting contributions from everyone. And Marchand is his usual pain-in-the-a$* self.

hockey13

Post by hockey13 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:22 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:15 pm
Sharks all over the Blues in game 1. Bruins all over the Canes in game 2, to take a 2-0 lead. Boston is playing real well right now. Canes haven't lost at home yet, so they still have a legit shot at getting back in this. I still think the B's will advance to the finals. They are clicking on all cylinders and getting contributions from everyone. And Marchand is his usual pain-in-the-a$* self.
It would be cool to see Sharks vs Bruins in the SCF. The Bruins drafted Joe Thornton. I personally would like to see him win the Cup then retire. He is a future HOFer.

oldtimehockey

Post by oldtimehockey » Mon May 13, 2019 6:10 am

Bruins are going to win the SC despite the fact I hate them. None of the other teams have the goaltending to win.

schlag

Post by schlag » Mon May 13, 2019 8:10 am

Binnington had been outstanding until the beatdown on Saturday.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:40 am

I think the field is wide open. Any of the 4 teams could win it all. You'd think Boston has an edge...but Canes are tough at home so we'll see how they do tomorrow. Thornton will probably retire this year no matter what happens.
Last time Blues were in the Finals was the famous Bobby Orr fly thru the air series.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm

I’m hoping for a Bruins/Sharks final with Joe T finally winning the Stanley Cup, and sticking it to the team that traded him away early in his career.
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Winning 'big' in a playoff game rarely has any special impact. both times in the Caps-Canes series the team that won big turned around and lost afterwards. Canes have that very loud (suddenly) home crowd behind them and that will be a factor. Bruins can't let them score first. I am fully prepared to see this series go 2-1 after tonite.

Strange happening this year: both times a team swept an opponent, they went on to lose the next round.(Jackets and Islanders) And Colorado lost game 1 to Calgary and then swept the next 4...and they were gone in the next round. Does that indicate that too much time off is a detriment not a positive? (unless both teams in a series have been off equal time) Its nonsense that Toronto-Charlotte have to be off 10 days before their series starts. Thats not how playoffs are supposed to work. All momentum has been totally lost.

and does it seem to anyone else, that it just doesn't feel like the amerks even participated in post season this year? they were gone so fast, they hardly moved the needle.

oldtimehockey

Post by oldtimehockey » Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 am

insagt1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:00 pm
Winning 'big' in a playoff game rarely has any special impact. both times in the Caps-Canes series the team that won big turned around and lost afterwards. Canes have that very loud (suddenly) home crowd behind them and that will be a factor. Bruins can't let them score first. I am fully prepared to see this series go 2-1 after tonite.

Strange happening this year: both times a team swept an opponent, they went on to lose the next round.(Jackets and Islanders) And Colorado lost game 1 to Calgary and then swept the next 4...and they were gone in the next round. Does that indicate that too much time off is a detriment not a positive? (unless both teams in a series have been off equal time) Its nonsense that Toronto-Charlotte have to be off 10 days before their series starts. Thats not how playoffs are supposed to work. All momentum has been totally lost.

and does it seem to anyone else, that it just doesn't feel like the amerks even participated in post season this year? they were gone so fast, they hardly moved the needle.
2 years in a row like that.