2019 Red Wings...A Complete Disaster

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
insagt1

Re: 2019 Red Wings...A Complete Disaster

Post by insagt1 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:13 pm

I see the Wings are now having a 'Pride Night' promo. I'm not so sure that is a good idea at all. It may turn off a lot of fans. Far as I can tell, no one has ever been turned away from a Wings game because of sexual orientation. Who really cares who you want to have sex with when going to a baseball game? Thought never crosses my mind, even a little. Everyone in attendance goes to enjoy a baseball game, not to make a lifestyle statement...right?
Not a good precedent. Whats next? A Hetero Night? This isn't at all about that overused word...inclusion, because no one is being excluded.
I love the innovations of the Wings staff, but not this one. A person is not likely to stay away or feel uncomfortable on Deaf Appreciation Night or Autism Awareness. But many may feel very uncomfortable for this one because it really isn't necessary. What a person DOES within his own four walls is his business...hardly a subject for a night out at a ballgame.
Wasn't sure whether to weigh in on this, but finally decided, the promo isn't at all necessary. We're all people.

UncleBenny

Post by UncleBenny » Wed May 29, 2019 8:00 am

If pride night makes you feel uncomfortable, then that's probably why we still need to have pride events.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:49 pm

No, I disagree. I go to the games regardless. I just don't think its necessary because no one is being excluded from going to the games. If 'inclusivity' is the reason, it doesn't make sense. If there is another agenda, thats a different story. I just like going to the ballpark to watch baseball, not to make any statements of any kind. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Its a sensitive topic.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 pm

Last nights DH with Scranton is Exhibit 'A' as to why this team is no fun to watch. Game 1, with a 1-0 lead in the 4th and 2 outs none on, our pitcher suddenly walks the bases loaded...and then gives up a THREE run single. that was the ballgame. Wings had zero offense.
Game 2 the Wings put up 5 in the 3rd to go in front comfortably (for most teams) 5-1. but our pen gave it all away. Hildenberger...recently demoted by Twins because he couldn't get anyone out...is doing the same down here..blowing the save in the last inning.
In extra innings, wings got their free runner to 3rd with one out...and the next two hitters strike out. Scranton gets their free runner to 3rd with one out and he scores when our 2nd baseman couldn't field a routine grounder.

this team just doesn't know how to win. They can't coordinate pitching, hitting or defense in the same game. They can't win two in a row. they are just lost at sea. I can think of a million reasons to stay home this summer and they all begin with....lousy team. After the Amerks annual playoff fail, I was hoping for at least some good baseball. Nope. (but the food IS good and the beer will be cold once summer arrives!)

schlag

Post by schlag » Fri May 31, 2019 8:10 am

UncleBenny wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:00 am
If pride night makes you feel uncomfortable, then that's probably why we still need to have pride events.
not everyone agrees that mixing identity politics with sports is a great idea.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:53 pm

that was kinda the point I was trying to make...but you said it succinctly and well.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Fri May 31, 2019 2:55 pm

Has hockey been less intimidating with "Hockey is for Everyone" nights because they don't say "Pride?"

Going to my first Red Wings game of the season tonight. Can't wait! (sarcasm)

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:56 pm

today is the last day of May...typically the day when many opt-out clauses are exercised and other player movement takes place. I don't know who in the organization has such a clause (because of course we get practically no in depth coverage at all anymore). I was thinking maybe Jake Cave, who really didn't want to be here last year, and maybe sees this organization as a dead end for him. And he hasn't added much since being sent down.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:01 pm

keithLGA wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:55 pm
Has hockey been less intimidating with "Hockey is for Everyone" nights because they don't say "Pride?"

Going to my first Red Wings game of the season tonight. Can't wait! (sarcasm)
I have let several ( a lot actually) of my season tix just go to waste so far this season...mainly because after the Amerks failure, I just got tired of seeing our local teams fail. At least the Amerks did have a decent regular season....BUT, not at home. I'm old (real old) school and no longer really fit Dan Mason's fan profile anymore. I go to sporting events for the game mostly. the other stuff can be nice at times but if the team stinks, I really lose interest. 2019 Red Wings are REAL bad. I catch them on MiLB TV and what I have seen is pretty disgusting.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:15 am

A little dark humor....Wings posted that they are undefeated in June!!! And they have finally won two in a row for the first time in just about one month. The team is still 'intact' apparently. 11 under .500. Couple of injured players are back...Sawyer and Rooker. Twins will have to make some moves soon when Cruz and Garver come off the IL. They are carrying 13 pitchers and 12 position players.