Season Ticket Pick Up

Amerks, AHL, Sabres, Hockey, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Bills, etc..
amerks23

Re: Season Ticket Pick Up

Post by amerks23 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:05 am

schlag wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:39 pm
amerks23 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:31 pm
I am proud to report that I parked right in front. Went in the arena got my tickets. What's with the Amerks lanyards with the name tags? We have to wear those stupid f***in things to get in the SEASON TICKET HOLDERS entrance 15 minute early?
I don't have my tickets yet. what is this name tag thing?

btw we are MEMBERS
Nope! Always Season Ticket Holders!
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

amerks23

Post by amerks23 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:18 am

oldtimehockey wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:59 pm
I talked to the director of ticket sales. Wait till next year. He told me that the partial season ticket people will have their 19 games selected for them (the most popular 19 they feel). Then if you don’t want the game they selected you have to switch it for one you want. How asinine...
I am not a half season ticket holder but this is ridiculous. Now the Amerks want to pick which games a partial STH goes to!

This sucks!
They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:50 am

Hey Keith--perhaps you could use your 'influence' and rattle the cage a bit and tell the marketing geniuses that picking our 19 games is beyond stupid. And it simply adds another layer to the whole thing. They pick 12 or 13 games I don't want, I still have to tell them to change. Why go thru the extra step?

Only think I can think of is that it gets the tickets 'booked' early and then the burden is on us to make changes if or when we want to.

Still a very silly idea and very fan unfriendly.

hockey55

Post by hockey55 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:01 am

Every summer I spend a lot of time picking out games that fit my schedule.

Simply put I buy the half season tickets because:

1) I want the games that fit MY SCHEDULE.
2) I want to sit in MY SEATS. I've done that for the past 33 years.
3) I want to sit next to MY FRIENDS.

If that's now too much trouble for the people that sell the tickets, then I'm done.

Apparently someone working in the front office failed the class on Customer Service.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:47 pm

insagt1 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:50 am
Hey Keith--perhaps you could use your 'influence' and rattle the cage a bit and tell the marketing geniuses that picking our 19 games is beyond stupid. And it simply adds another layer to the whole thing. They pick 12 or 13 games I don't want, I still have to tell them to change. Why go thru the extra step?
If that does indeed become a thing there wouldn't be much that I could say. It'll rely on people who buy the tickets to make their voices heard. Make sure to talk to other partial holders err I mean members and makes sure they let their ticketing rep know.

But after the popularity of the ticket price article I've already thought about putting ticket info on season tickets across the league so it'll come up.

schlag

Post by schlag » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:23 am

for those that remember, it wasn't too far in the past when they were trying to get rid of half-season tickets. it got announced and the response was so bad they had to walk it back immediately and act as if it hadn't happened.

knowing how this org completely blows it on fan experience, I would not be surprised if they are trying again to phase them out.

it's way too hard to keep track of especially because of reasons.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:32 pm

anyone care to guess or explain why the Amerks marketing has gone to the dogs? I don't recall it ever being like this 'back in the day'.
Is it Buffalo? Is it the fact that our local media ignores us completely? We used to be proud of the way we did everything. Now it seems we work on fumes every season.

The media....Red Wings parent team Minnesota is a division champ. Used a lot of Red Wings to get there. But will they get any ink or airtime? You betcha...because they are playing the Yankees! And I guarantee every writer, radio guy, TV guy and garbage collector will be drooling all over the Yankees. There probably isn't a single sports person in this city who knows or cares about our parent team. (disclaimer....I detest the Yankees so I am really biased)

hockey13

Post by hockey13 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:55 am

insagt1 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:32 pm
anyone care to guess or explain why the Amerks marketing has gone to the dogs? I don't recall it ever being like this 'back in the day'.
Is it Buffalo? Is it the fact that our local media ignores us completely? We used to be proud of the way we did everything. Now it seems we work on fumes every season.
Pegulas don't care if they sell a single ticket here in Rochester IMO. The Amerks are a total tax right off. They make so much money owning the Bills it doesn't matter. They just wanted to run the BCA so they could control concerts & other events in Western NY & have more events at Key Bank Center. This is just the way I see things...maybe I am wrong.

keithLGA
Site Admin

Post by keithLGA » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:54 pm

I don't think you're wrong. We've both been saying this for a while now. If the org doesn't seem to care about ticket sales we really shouldn't either. Just enjoy the games and be happy that the GM's and coaches have a focus on winning.

insagt1

Post by insagt1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:32 pm

I agree, not wrong at all. We have seen in the past year for sure, that Pegulas don't care about or think about Rochester at all. The Amerks are simply a player repository and we all know what he has done regarding pricing out so many events at the BCA. Every year I like and respect him less and less.
The only way things will improve here is if somehow the team goes 70-6 and wins the Calder Cup. then at least the loyal fans will benefit. Odds of the first thing happening...zero of course. And the 2nd...close to zero.

It will be interesting to see if they plan on doing anything to bring in more fans on Wednesdays. i'm thinking that too doesn't matter at all. Amerks will play in front of maybe 1500-2000 fans tops...but I guarantee the music will be loud, loud , loud.