Here’s a list of current and previous injuries to players impacting the Rochester Americans season. The status of the players have all been confirmed.
Updated February 17, 2020
Visit the LGA Team Stats page for an update on man games lost due to injury and call ups.
2019/2020 Injury Report:
- Casey Fitzgerald – upper body – day to day – last played January 31, lingering injury has had him in and out of the lineup.
- Casey Nelson – upper body – week to week – last played Feb 8th.
- Kevin Porter – lower body – day to day – Played January 17 and missed 9 games. Returned February 8.
- Remie Elie – upper body – day to day – Played January 22 and missed the next 5 games. Returned Feb 7.
- Taylor Leier – upper body – week to week – hit by a puck in a freak accident, earliest possible return is Jan 31. Has been skating on his own week of January 20. Returned February 5. Missed 11 games.
- Casey Nelson – upper body – day to day – hurt early in the game January 8, missed January 10.
- Andrew Oglevie – week to week – Last played 12/20. Could possibly be back the second week of January. Returned January 10.
- Casey Fitzgerald – day to day – No additonal updates available yet. Last played 12/11. Returned January 10.
- Remi Elie – upper body – week to week (was day to day) – played 11/1 and 11/2 but hasn’t played or practiced since. Dineen had stated it’s maintenance to make sure he’s better for the long term. Randy Sexton mentioned 11/21 that he went out of town for treatment but no other details given. Has started practicing week of 12/16 without contact. Returned to game action 12/31.
- CJ Smith – unknown – Left the game 12/27, missed 12/28. No injury, just an illness.
- Scott Wilson – upper body – week to week – Left the game in the first period on 12/4 and didn’t return. Has started practicing week of 12/16 without contact. Returned 12/27.
- Kevin Porter – day to day – No additional updated available yet. Last played 12/13. Returned 12/27.
- Taylor Leier – shoulder – week to week (was indefinite – expected back mid season after off season shoulder surgery. Started skating with the team (no contact) on 11/5. Returned to contact in practice 12/3. Returned to playing 12/11.
- Jarrett Burton – lower body – 3-4 weeks – Hit on the boards late in the 2nd period 11/8 hurting his knee and didn’t return. Original time frame would be a mid December return. Returned to playing 12/11.
- CJ Smith – lower body – 4-6 weeks – within the first three minutes of the game vs Utica he took a hit along the boards and had to be helped off of the ice. If you want to see the play you can see the tweet here. Original time frame would be a return by mid December. Returned to playing 12/11.
- Andrew MacWilliam – upper body – week to week (was day to day) – Hasn’t played a game since 11/15 but has returned to skating with the team in a no contact jersey. Available to return 12/11.
- Scott Wilson – lower body – week to week – left the game 11/13 early in the 2nd period. Didn’t play 11/15 or 11/16. Returned to practice 11/20, played 11/22. Faster than expected return.
- Zach Redmond – lower body – day to day – didn’t play after the first period in Utica 11/2. Returned to practice 11/14, played 11/15.
- Dalton Smith – upper body – day to day – Day to day status. Left practice early 10/24. Returned to team practices 11/11. Returned to play 11/13.
- Remi Elie – unknown – day to day – Missed the game 10/23, practiced the following days but left practice early the 25th. Returned Nov 1st. Missed 4 games.
- Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen – hip – Surgery at the end of the 18/19 season, expected to be healthy late October at the earliest and be ready for games in early November. [ Details ] Returned to team practice October 21. Assigned to Cincinnati and played November 2nd.
- Casey Nelson – unknown – day to day – Missed two games 10/26 and 10/27.
- Rasmus Asplund – Missed one game after blocking a shot off his arm on Oct 18.
- Lawrence Pilut – shoulder – Injury from the end 2019 playoffs against Toronto. Is expected to be healthy mid October for games. Assigned to Rochester and started skating with the team without contact on October 1. Returned to game action on October 18. Missed 4 games.
- Jonas Johansson – knee – Underwent successful knee surgery in late February 2019 and missed the remainder of the season. Was healthy at the start of the 2019 Prospects Challenge and played two games. Was ready for training camp.